Who said cakes always have to be a “naughty treat”? These muffins are packed full of fresh berries, and although I’m not suggesting they will necessarily count as one of your ‘5 a day’, if you’re craving some cake, you can’t get much healthier than a freshly home made batch of muffins!
- 280g gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthum gum
- half a teaspoon of salt
- 120g sugar
- 1 egg
- 240ml milk
- 85g butter
- 150g mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and prepare the muffin cases
- Sift together the flour, xanthum gum, salt and sugar
- Melt the butter
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, stir in milk, and add the melted butter
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl
- Stir to combine and fold in the mixed berries at the end
- Spoon the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.