By far the most popular bake to date and the ultimate sweet treat; Salted Caramel Cupcakes.
- 225g gluten free flour
- 225g light brown sugar
- 225g butter for the cakes, 150g butter for the buttercream
- 4 eggs
- 2tbsp milk
- 2 pots of Tesco Finest Salted Caramel Sauce (or any supermarket equivalent)
- 320g icing sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180degrees, and prepare your cake cases
- for the cakes; In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, butter and eggs and whisk until combined well. Add the milk in here if the mixture is too thick.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, place one scoop of cake mixture into each cupcake case
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and ‘springy’ to touch
- Leave to cool on a wire rack
- Next, cut out a small circle in the top of each cake and fill with a spoon of salted caramel sauce
- For the caramel buttercream, whisk the butter on a medium speed for 5 minutes until the butter becomes light and fluffy and has doubled in size
- Next, add in half of the icing sugar and whisk again for a further 5 minutes until combined
- Now add in the remaining icing sugar and 3 tbsp of the salted caramel sauce. Whisk until well combined and has a smooth but slightly firm consistency
- I used a Wilton 1M piping tip, 7and went in a circular motion around the cakes from the outside in
- Lastly, for the drizzle; stir the caramel sauce well to start to loosen the texture. Using a really fine piping nozzle and a small piping bag, fill the bag with the caramel and drizzle in any design you’d like. If you aren’t using a piping bag, drizzling the sauce from a spoon will work just the same.